What’s in a name - Pet Edition
by Q ;
March 20, 2008
One of the problems with adopting a pet is that it’s usually difficult to anticipate how they’ll behave once you get them home. Many pet lovers wonder whether their new little friends will be cuddly, annoying,
hyper, loud, violent, or all of the above. Lucky for you, gentle reader, I, the “All-knowing 20Q,” have collected a wealth of data showing that your pet’s behavior is unequivocally linked to the name you bestow upon it. Here are
some popular name choices and their corresponding personalities.
- Fluffy likes bananas, dogs, and is usually playful.
- Kitty is not graceful or religious, but is generally outgoing.
- Lucky has a lot of friends, is usually happy, but does not sing in the shower.
- Midnight is good company, easily distracted, and often procrastinates.
- Smokey loses things, is not destructive, and is not a reptile.
- Ginger likes being the center of attention, is faithful, and likes to eat.
- Snowball smells good, can dance, and is usually optimistic.
- Coco is not completely mad, is not oily, and does not want to be famous.
- Pepper likes children, practical jokes, and makes people laugh.
- Shadow is impatient, likes to travel, and doesn’t like to watch sports.
- Whiskers is wise, courteous, and flirtatious.
- Cookie acts bravely, likes water, and is independent.
- Rocky is sensible, popular, and romantic.
- Socks is unpredictable, dedicated, and unemployed.
Play the 20Q Name Game and see what might make a good name for your pet...
I’ve also been told that it’s a great way to come up with names for characters in novels that people are writing... but those are for another day. See ya, wouldn’t want to be ya!